Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gibson: SG Standard (3)

That production floor custom I featured earlier- my very ordinary Seymour Duncan JB/ Jazz combo, made special by the black covers.

And they went into my recently acquired Gibson SG. I have more love for my SG after these were in there. Did I just devalue one of the most iconic electric guitar in history? It would be a sad day if I did not do anything to a guitar which needed to be tailored to my spec- it reflects bowing down to conventional acceptance; not my philosophy.

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

does it come in green? :D

subversion.sg said...

Green cover- no. But i've ordered uncovered humbuckers in green. I've received the neck model, waiting for the bridge... :-)

TJ said...

this is my favourite guitar, please keep all the stock pickups and everything else, in case you might want to sell it to me 1 day .. ;)

subversion.sg said...

He he... Highly unlikely... :-)