Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Blacktops

Fender has these new Mexican models, the Blacktop series, which are rather alluring & appealing to the drive/ distortion inclined.


The common feature in these models (all 4 of them) are those black knobs...

...& humbuckers. All models feature humbuckers less the Jazzmaster which has a neck single coil.

Those of us who wish to own the Jaguar/ Jazzmaster models but do not wish to deal with complicated controls & such, these are the models to consider.

I feel like getting...

...all 4 guitars.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a p-90 in the neck position. Very nice!

subversion.sg said...

that's what i mentioned- single coil in the neck :-)

Anonymous said...

Haha. I know. I was just saying. I really like having a p-90 in the neck position.

subversion.sg said...

perhaps the p-90 is much overlooked in terms of tonal performance, everybody is rather conventional- it's either humbucker or traditional single coils.

Anonymous said...

Very nice...how much?

subversion.sg said...

it's a fresh release by Fender... it'll be about 2mths before it's available here. expect a $1.4K +/- price range.

Ant Ant said...

Very nice! For years now I was routing my strats to put humbuckers (or I used Hot Rails), now these rocking Blacktops give a new dimension to Fender quality ! Thanks guitaraddict for letting us know! Antonis from Greece

subversion.sg said...

he he, i'm interested in these guitars myself :-)