Friday, September 10, 2010

Smash: JB1

Ok, so the new family member is a jazz bass copy, Smash's JB1. I've been waiting for this one for some time now, nevermind if it's not a superstar brand name on the headstock. I've tried countless Smash guitars & they are promising instruments for the money so there's a positive anticipation here. The fresh batch of Smash guitars & basses are now made in Indonesia, no more Chinese output. The JB1 was well set up back at the factory so Mike required no tampering for this one. I've had issues with a full scale bass before but on hindsight, I think they were not well set up, I could easily play the JB1 because it possesses the deserving attention to manifest great playability. It's slightly after 3.00am, just stopped playing this great bass.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guessed it! Remember from your earlier post, you requested Mike to bring in the JB.
Did you try the new Smashes from Indonesia? I am sure they differ in built and finish to the Chinese ones.
Any comments to share?
I am thinking of the Smash S2, Alder body.

Many thanks in advance.

Ijau D. Koceng said...

ur 2nd bass right?

same question - does smash have P-bass model too?

subversion.sg said...

p-bass: no...