Sunday, September 12, 2010

Remembering my ex... (Part 6)

This was my first proper acoustic guitar, an Ibanez PF-40. It's strictly acoustic, with no plug in feature. The highlight of this guitar was its very playable neck. As I gave it more playing time, I was incapacitated by the big body. It's not the manufacturer's fault but the player's inability to adapt. I am more used to the electric guitar's body profile which remains snug when played both sitting & standing up. Also, I need not arch out my picking arm to strum/ pick, this is a very important factor for me as it affects my picking. So this guitar was put up for sale for slightly more than half its retail price & was bought by an eager strummer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the beautiful tone generated by good acoustic guitars makes it worth getting used to, imho.

subversion.sg said...

the bass & acoustic guitar are tools to help me think differently while playing...