Friday, January 5, 2018

Reduced


It's Friday night. It's raining. It's time spent indoors playing my Sigma.

This is perhaps one of the most unglamourous guitars I own. The sigma brand name per se, is not  immediately recognizable in terms of its Martin association until you see the typeface. Also, Sigma had severed its associations with Martin so it's now a nobody, save for some marked history as second fiddle. This is a rather harsh perception of Sigma but that's reality check. I have to tell you that this 00MSE is one of my most comfortable & inviting instruments I own. I only appreciated this guitar after swallowing some pride; that I'm playing a trimmed down body sporting a 12th fret neck-body joint. Something unenticing for pop culture & visual appeal. I told myself I'm not treading that direction with this guitar so buying it was easy. I don't need something that sounds fascinating with chords either- I'm not a chord person. I wanted something that's clear-sounding under lots of finger picking without body dimensions that impede playing. This was it, no regrets. 

It's the first weekend of 2018- wishing you folks a much deserving rest & quality time family. 👍

No comments: