Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 targets: Part 1

Before the revelations of some other distractions come Winter NAMM 2011, I only have these 2 items on my to-buy list. (1) Peavey 6505+ head: I already have Marshall's JVM410 which is outstanding for my music preference, I should be acquiring the 6505+ to help me establish the monstrous, metal tone based on the 'American' expectations, in other words, the 6L6  power tubes. No, I'm not a MESA fan.

(2) Ibanez SR300M bass: I need a bass sporting a slimmer & narrower neck profile, with 24 frets. My current Mustang bass has a shorter scale length while the SMASH JB-1 retains the Fender livery despite holding its own attractions. The SR300 is superb for the money, I was unfortunate not to have grabbed it (arrived late at the SALE venue due to professional commitments) last year when it was on sale. So I told myself, should I be getting an SR300, it's worth to have something a little different from the standard production range offered here, so the maple fretboard would be that difference.

7 comments:

Nik said...

After reading a bunch of forums, i finally found the Ibanez 2011 catalogue!

http://issuu.com/mogarmusic/docs/2011-ibanez-generale_parte-1_eng

http://issuu.com/mogarmusic/docs/2011-ibanez-generale_parte-2_eng

http://issuu.com/mogarmusic/docs/2011-ibanez-generale_parte-3_eng

This is the european catalogue. Will it differ from what we will be getting?

subversion.sg said...

there will definitely be differences; the 7-string, fixed bridge RGD is missing in this catalogue, same goes for the maple fretboard S-series. regardless of what's offered by ibanez, i have an ESP focus this 2011 :-)

NiN said...

Was wondering how much the 6505+ would cost here in SG? And where to find it?

Ijau D. Koceng said...

yup, ibanez SR/GSR was a versatile and comfortable bass... as equivalent of RG

(white bass + maple fretboard = damn nice!)

subversion.sg said...

there's no 6505+ here, just the 6505 @ swee lee which lists for about $3K.

bro ijau: i'm more attracted to Fender basses as opposed to the ibanez ones but i think i'm ignoring the brand name that makes me who i am today :-)

Matt Hauer said...

Re bass: need?

subversion.sg said...

that's my secret there: to stay on top of guitar playing, i re-think by playing the bass :-)