Sunday, January 23, 2011

Is it really working?

This is just a consequence of posting my gear for clearance at quasi-unbelievable prices; people doubt the functionality & would like to get another assurance. Nah... I'm not mad at you for doing that, in fact, you have the right to further probing before buying. I do not wish to misrepresent my gear to you in any way.

What if I have a business set-up (guitar related, of course...) & offer crazy prices; would people doubt me or would I gain an unbelievable following? Food for thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humans are really weird. If your price is perceived as high, people complain that it's overpriced. If your price is perceived as low, people doubt its condition.

I was trying to sell this guitar of mine which cost $950 brand new at shop. I advertised for $550, a cool $400 off the shop price. My guitar is in full functional condition, and good cosmetic condition. But got 1 "interested party" was expecting a mint condition piece and somehow isn't convinced that my "good condition" is really good or mint, because the price is too low. I just told him, if he wants a mint condition piece, then shell out the $950 for a brand new piece from the dealer.

It's frustrating to answer queries from such people. If people are really serious in buying, then they will at least come over and give it a good LOOK and TEST before dismissing the gear, instead of asking lots of questions over phone or Internet then disappear altogether, which is plain rude.

Anonymous said...

And to add on, that guy actually asked me "can u tell more of the condition since u rated as good?"

subversion.sg said...

buyers need to have certain expectations in mind when some details are disclosed by the seller. judge only when these expectations fall short upon seeing the real thing. people are turning themselves into first class idiots without realizing it but the human nature is such that people believe it's their right to portray themselves in a certain standing.