Saturday, January 15, 2011

Of course I'm sure

Not too long ago, someone quizzed my reference to the Swing Paul Danial signature model. Was I sure the guitar listed for less than $900 when the SV Guitars listing was $3K?


What I played was the Paul Danial Signature model which was in store before the Custom Shop model. It didn't help that there were no record of it anywhere so my reference to it then was rather loose- which model was it in particular? But the <$900 price tag there was no mistake. So it didn't matter that I played this guitar several times & took note of the price tag, shared it here, I was still doubted. This is one of the reasons why I dislike quoting/ disclosing prices (I'm not the shop selling it anyway, why would price advocacy be of importance to me?). I'd rather the interested parties get price references from source... gee... it's just a phone call away.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Paul Danial Signature is one of the more comfortable guitars I've played... For some reason, the neck wants you to play fast and free, but yet it doesn't feel as... empty as the Ibanez Wizards...

Anonymous said...

what is the difference between the normal version and custom shop version apart from the price?

subversion.sg said...

the current Wizard necks are definitely not the epitome of ibanez's greatness. the '80s manifestations were the standard to beat.

the PD models spec differences are available @ SVG's homepage for reference :-)

Anonymous said...

Actually, it can be found in the svguitars.com. The person never check before he questioned you.

subversion.sg said...

at the time of my posting, no details were released yet. subsequently, only the Custom model was updated. the standard signature was updated much later.