Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Play = therapy


It was late at night. I felt rather depressed & unenthusiastic since it's only the beginning of the week in the month of January- the beginning of the year; so how exciting could the situation be, yes?

The darkness of night implied inactivity where every living, breathing creature retires to regenerate for the day to come but some of us simply can't do that. We can't sleep despite being too lethargic to do anything else but my equipment in front of me beckoned me to play & play I did. Yes, we kept everything down just to see the time through.

It's good to know that a simple/ brief moment with one's equipment, heals.

7 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

midnite therapy too, but headphone version :)

subversion.sg said...

these days, i can't stand the tone coming from headphones...

Anonymous said...

"these days, i can't stand the tone coming from headphones..."

I'm using a Senheiser headphone and it sounds too sharp to my liking. Will plugging your rig to a mixer and monitors as output helps?

Fitch

subversion.sg said...

bro- the drivers in the headphones were not made for guitars, that's primarily the reason :-(

reuel said...

hmmm i used my ac30 amplug straight into my senheiser headphones when i was in camp and i wanted to hear some noise from my playing (i didnt wanna bring an amp to camp lol). it sounded quite nice...warm but not too muddy. definition of course could do better but yea i had no amp haha

Anonymous said...

For me after recording and the distortion sounds fizzy? It sounds great on speakers but on earpiece its just fizzy.

my dist or my earpiece problem?

-Zesn

Anonymous said...

Cheer up brother!! Shred the night away.
-Canadian ShredAddict