Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hollow Jazz

I had intended to buy a Fender (Japan) Jazzmaster last year but after hearing one in action, the tones coming from it was a little too thin for my liking. This year, the Jazzmaster is offered in a hollow body version but with NO F-holes at the sides as indicators. I'm not sure if it's actually a semi-hollow instead because it features an alder centre with ash parts for the rest (of the body). Maybe this one would have something for me...

PS: I still dislike guitars with truss rod adjustments at the body-end of the neck; now you know why Ernie Ball/ Music Man guitars are not a hit with me or any '60s-style Fender for that matter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the dislike regarding the truss rod positioning bro? Is it tougher to adjust at that area?

Fitch

faizal_rocks said...

I can see why, bro. The whole neck needs to be taken off if want to adjust truss rod, which is a hassle.

subversion.sg said...

yes.. it's the hassle of removing the neck + i find the adjustment from the body end less responsive compared to the headstock end.

Anonymous said...

I see. No problem with my Sterling JP50 which sports the spoke wheel truss rod adjustment :)

Fitch

Anonymous said...

For the convinience of those who might be clueless of what im referring to, click the link below. You will be able to zoom in the truss rod spoke wheel at the base of the neck.

Fitch

Anonymous said...

Dang...brain not cooperating today. Here's the link:

http://www.sterlingbymusicman.com/main.html?dir=guitar_jp50&color=PRB