Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ibanez: RGD321

As mentioned before, my fist guitar for 2011- Ibanez. This is the RGD321, one of the models which are not offered in this region. Thanks to Mr. Brendon of BGW guitars, its acquisition was made possible. 

The RGD series is one of the few RG models which doesn't say 'RG Series' at the headstock.
I'm very happy with Ibanez's in-house VK-DT pickups, I have no plans to replace them. I find the RGD321 more attractive, tone-wise, as opposed to my former RGD320 namely due to weight issues (which entail tonal differences). The RGD321 sports the Gibraltar Standard bridge which is hassle free & gives much palm placement comfort. Despite being lethargic, I managed to play this guitar for about 2 hours; it's too distracting to be put away & ignored till later.

PS: Thanks to BGW Guitars for making this acquisition very pleasant & hiccup-free.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought no more black!? haha

reuel said...

nice!! how much did u get it for sub??

subversion.sg said...

there's only 1 miserable finish for this guitar & i chose it for its tone/ playability above all else. *sigh* wish there was an orange version...

$760 @ BGW

Ijau D. Koceng said...

it's matte/satin black isn't it?

subversion.sg said...

yes, sir! absolutely gloss-free & that's the way i like my Ibanez to be :-)

Anonymous said...

nice guitar. the neck length is 26.5" right bro? so i guess we can say its a baritone guitar. got any difference in terms of playing compared to standard/shorter neck length guitar?

subversion.sg said...

yes... it's an extended scale length (not neck length), nothing new to me as i've owned the RGD320 previously. no stark differences in feel for me maybe because i'm accustomed to my 8-string guitars which are both sporting extended scale length. and i play bass as well. but the string gauge was more of a challenge for me :-)

reuel said...

woo!! decently priced some more XD

subversion.sg said...

the price reflects an external acquisition, for the same amount of money, you can acquire the RG320 here :-)