Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ibanez: TS9B

I've told myself to check this pedal out even if it has very little in store for me- it' meant for bass & has no midrange control. The pedal, as a stand-alone unit, is one of the mildest drive generator out there, it's rather difficult to see how anyone any bass player would resort to it as a firm source of drive. Bass players are also not known to use a booster type drive pedal to kick more drive out of their (tube) amp. In fact, many choose to keep their tones pristine clean for a more commanding bass voicing. 

Regardless if it's conceived to be a very costly paper weight (guaranteed to cause concussion if it kisses your head at high velocity), I find it useful in injecting drive saturation into my already distorted tone- it's just a minimal contribution but it mattered much to me as it heightens my picking sensitivity. Together with its other Tube Screamer siblings here, the TS9B is a useful pedal (to me). I also own:
  • TS7
  • TS7 green edition
  • TS9
  • TS9DX
  • TS808
  • TS5
------------------------------------------------------------
PS: March is here. Is your analog watch showing 29th Feb?

6 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

btw, nice colour...

subversion.sg said...

can't be helped... Tube Screamers are all of this colour :-)

reuel said...

yes it was showing 29feb...didnt notice it till like 5+ in the evening LOL

Anonymous said...

Scream for me, Tube, scream for me...

NiN said...

Will the TS808HW be on the list next? Would love a review on that. Am interested to know if the sound and build quality justify the price tag.

subversion.sg said...

the 808HW is definitely a consideration. in fact, i've been eyeing it for some time but the price is a little on the unagreeable end. i'm holding back till i see a good deal coming along.

as to its true worth, it's a little subjective. TS fans would love the extra cream it contains but the rest of us feel that it's a little too much to pay for that little difference.