Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Taking the good route

I am not a Tube Screamer purist by any means, I admire any derivatives which manifest respectable tones especially the ones doing me good in terms of my playing. I was at Sound Alchemy yesterday & bought the (Visual Sound) Route 808 pedal you see here. As the hue & numerical assignments suggest, this one's in the likes of a TS808 but not entirely. I'm particularly attracted to the pedal's drive saturation which isn't available from the TS808. If you think you like Keeley's modded Tube Screamers for the tone but won't fork out an awful lot of money for one, do check out Route 808. Mind you, it's an alternative, not a poor man's version.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro, I think most of us readers would like to see your current pedal collection hehe =D

jeri

subversion.sg said...

oh...? i've got no boutique stuff to show he he...

naz said...

Interested to see what you'll pair it with, for that distortion overdose...

Anyway, got the ac booster, bro. Nice... Wanna try?

Ijau D. Koceng said...

...and yet the colour was green too

E-Ray said...

Hey sub have you tried the luther drive before?
If not have you thought of getting one before?