Wednesday, March 23, 2011

T-menace

There's something about ash that appeals to me. It has that top end spike which is very tasteful when one does solos. The last (Smash) TG-1 I tried wasn't ash-bodied so it sounded ordinary, a little above-average, at best. This one TG-1 Lite you see above, has more to offer in terms of tone. It won't give you a serving of sparkling Fender-esque voicings despite its outline mockery of the aforementioned instrument but the ash influences are there for the taking.The price is also very inviting for bargain hunters. The manufacturer has placed this model in its 'old models' reference page implying its halt in production so if you are keen, acting fast a sensible thing to do.

List: $260 @ SV Guitars

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

cool...

bari said...

Hi there sub,

If I read correctly, you did say this wasn't ash. Is it basswood then? I kinda like the grains on the natural finish.

Cheers,

bari

subversion.sg said...

he he i said: the last TG-1 i tried wasn't ash. it's the regular TG-1. the one depicted above is TG-1 Lite :-)

bari said...

Hehehe! I read your post again after I commented and only then did it hit me. Silly me. Thanks for the info!