Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Suffer the finger


Accidents happen & it happened last night. I was fixing a leaking tap, a harmless task but not when sharp edges lurk in dark corners under the sink. I was unscrewing the tap when the wrench slipped & my finger went into a sharp gap. I'm rather oblivious to pain so ignoring this mishap happened naturally. It's only after the task was completed that I saw my index finger covered in blood. After a quick wash-up, I noted the cut was rather deep. So off to the nearby clinic it was & the doc stitched me & referred me for X-ray since there was a notable swelling at the joint as well; there might be a fracture. Doc's order: No index finger activities for 7 days which is equivalent to no guitar playing till next year. SIGH.

15 comments:

reuel said...

alamak be more careful next time ah sub. merry xmas and happy new year in advance haha :)

Nik said...

Do get well soon!

A similar incident happened to me. I compensated by concentrating on my legato technique, haha.

naz said...

Hope everythings ok bro... 7days only, just watch more dvds/movies...

Anonymous said...

have a speedy recovery bro..

Halim

Ijau D. Koceng said...

it's not ur fretting hand right? (or left)

subversion.sg said...

i'm quite alright, just that after the anesthetics wear out, the pain was bothersome... couldn't quite sleep last night. i feel like using duct tape to bind my index & middle fingers together so everything would be more functional, he he...

it's my picking hand index finger :-)

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Sub! Coincidentally... it's my turn to fix my tap today...*GULP*

LG

subversion.sg said...

he he, you'd do better than me bro. my tragedy was attributable to poor lighting as well, not to mention dysfunctional tools *sigh*

Anonymous said...

more blogging till new year

Anonymous said...

can study more music theory in the meantime

Anonymous said...

Does not hinder you from signing right? So can still shop hehehe

Fitch

NiN said...

Wish you a speedy recovery so that you can resume guitar activities soon.

Happy New Year

Robin said...

Oh dear...

Hope Your finger recovers fast!

Matt Hauer said...

Ouch! Hope it heals up soon!

In the interim, lots of time to catch up on the gear and album review backlog, hey?

(more likely with the family)

How's the Ant treating you? I have a Handsome Devil kicking around and am curious about your thoughts on the Blackheart amp(s).

subversion.sg said...

thanks everyone for the well-wishes :-)

the Blackheart amp is much overlooked when it comes to a tube-tone fundamental to propel pedals. people are looking at other amps with more revered names. i'm not too keen with the Blackheart's drive offerings but the clean is very much above average :-)