Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ant stack

You'd recall my slight frustration about not getting an extension cab from the current City Music sale, yes (darn... I really wanted a VOX cab)? Beat Spot (the 'Yamaha' shop to the rest of us) is also having a year-end sale as well & since they do offer extension cabs as a separate purchase, I told myself- get over the unattainable & move on with the alternative. So I purchased the BH112 above. Both the BH110 & BH112 sport identical offer prices; $225. You'd thought the smaller unit would command a lesser price but that's not the case here. Did I choose the bigger option because of this pricing opportunity? I prefer the fuller sounding 12" driver for distortion- that's the over-riding consideration.

I am now dedicating my Blackheart Killer Ant head + BH112 cab for all tones requiring pedals. This stack  gets my thumbs up for providing superb fundamental cleans to propel pedal tones. No, I'm not about to ditch my Marshall to embrace pedals this time round, I'm just assigning this amp for a specific discourse on days when I need to experiment. When I attach pedals to my Marshall(s), I hear the Marshall  influences more than I hear the pedals per se.

5 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

so this is the cab inside that "JACKALL" box? :)

naz said...

Nice surprise...

subversion.sg said...

no, he he... this is my other distraction. the one in the *****all box is something else.

naz said...

Oh... Wait somemore then...

Anyway, the ant n sound drive's 1x12cabs, can they be use with any amp heads. Is there a maximun watt these cabs can take?

subversion.sg said...

the wattage limitations (for cabs in general) are indicated at the back panel for easy reference. the BH112 handles up to 75W of amplification assault.