Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cry- the greatest

I was at Borders book store yesterday, it was an unintentional stop, really. I was heading to Isetan at Scotts Road coming from ION orchard, so the safest, most law-abiding way to get across, was via the underpass & Borders happen to be in the way. I happened to come across an unwrapped Guitarist magazine, December 2010 issue which listed 'the 101 best stomp boxes of all time, ever!'. According to the magazine, Dunlop's Crybaby Classic deserved top spot with Ibanez's TS-808 Tube Screamer coming in second. I was searching for the proverbial metal distortion which made it on the list but none did. That's interesting isn't it, 101 pedals up for accolades, none of them was an intense distortion unit.

Watching The Godfather, one of my favourite movies. There are some lines in this movie which kept ringing in my head from time to time. One of them is I'll make them an offer they can't refuse. Marlon Brando was spectacular & he got away with some of the most memorable mumbling & slurring to date.

3 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

supposedly either metal muff or MT2 (for intense metal distortion) deserved in the 101 list right? or atleast DS-1

subversion.sg said...

the DS-1 was on the list but it's no way an intense distortion.

Anonymous said...

Lol no wonder they're making a documentary on the crybaby haha