Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Swing: Flame TM

I was at Standard Value last week & managed to try Swing's Flame TM. I avoided this guitar initially because it was black, a poor excuse for trying to avoid being attracted to a colour that I've had too many of. This guitar is an all-out rock machine; the default Heartbreaker humbuckers there being very tasty in drive mode & we can hear that PAF-ish tone in the neck pickup but not in great servings.

If we take a close look here, the tune-o-matic type bridge is placed in a cavity making the overall action/playability very low-action & shred worthy. If you are put off by this bridge type namely due to its inability to manifest that crucial low action feel to address your fast playing, the cavity feature depicted above is a wise move to make you re-think your options.

Thanks Mike for letting me have a go at this guitar, you somehow knew I'm still shopping for gear at the close of the year.

Just finished my morning jog. Still panting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matching headstocks!:O I want!

Anonymous said...

Black's a pretty standard headstock colour even for non-black bodied guitars. Doubt they painted it this way for the purpose of it being matching. :P