Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ibanez: Halberd (Part 4)

There's no hiding the fact that the Halberd's headstock is the defunct Iceman's, beveled at the tip to make it arguably 'different' but there's no escaping the history.

Over on the flip-side, the serial number wasn't pasted immaculately on its spatial allocation but that's the least of my concern. Yes, I have yet to remove those plastic lining on the tuner's machine covers, might do that on the next string change. 

I've shown the front, this is the body's rear. Just have to say that things are really neat so it gave a sense of victory upon purchase knowing this isn't a higher tier offering. The Halberd's entire outline is a little excessive so it isn't an optimum option for a small-bodied person, I won't recommend this for your kids. That said, the Halberd sits well on your lap & has great balance but the upper horn, extends a little higher than the average guitar of similar make (eg: RG/ S-Series). I kept checking my posture while playing, preventing it from getting too up there; it's threatening to jab my shoulder blades. No such irritation when playing it strapped on, though.

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

lately, most chinese ibanez's serial number using a plastic sticker

subversion.sg said...

it started this year