Monday, December 12, 2011

Swing: S2 Stage

Another wonderful guitar- affordable & worth every cent of the asking price. When I tried this one a few days ago, I was thinking Swing was pulling a fast one on us by offering another S2 with a fierce flame top. After hearing it in action, I'd say that it reminded me of how 'special' guitars with direct-mount pickups are. You'd argue that it's a marginal variation, this one's without a pickguard unlike the rest of its S2 siblings but that little difference mattered to tone. It also made me select the middle pickup more than my usual playing routine. Remember, selected Swing models are now more affordable due to Indonesian production; the S2 Stage is one of them. List: $260 @ SV Guitars.

15 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

final acquisition for this year eh bro?

AntAnt said...

Hello! I just checked the Swing guitar site, I didn't know this brand until you mentioned it in this blog. I have a 25-year experience of modding guitars and pickups (and being trying to play some decent guitar music for this same time period). I also do alot of electronic stuff. I discovered that Swing guitars have a lot of fine details, that other costly instruments DO NOT ! Two thumbs up for Swing (unfortunately unavailable here in Greece) and many thanks to you SUB for informing the rest of us ! Antonis from Greece

subversion.sg said...

No... Didn't buy this, getting something with a Floyd Rose in there :-)

subversion.sg said...

Antonis! Thanks for reading, my friend!

Anonymous said...

is that a coil tap i see there?

subversion.sg said...

yes bro, it's a coil split switch. upon activating the humbucker in single coil mode, its output is uniform with the rest of the single coils there- Swing got it right!

Ijau D. Koceng said...

MG-507?

subversion.sg said...

sorry bro... what about the MG507?

Ijau D. Koceng said...

MG-507, the only swing with FR original i found in swing's website

Evoke said...

Have you tried the basses? What's your opinion on them?

subversion.sg said...

one swing bass mentioned here: http://theguitaraddict.blogspot.com/2011/12/swing-mk-1-bass.html

Ian said...

I bought the Swing S2 Stage yesterday and must say that it is a phenomenal guitar. It sounds great even with stock pups, single coils sound nice and glassy, the bridge humbucker sounds punchy and tight. After stretching the strings, it stays in tune a lot better and didn't have much tuning issues after that. This guitar is definitely very worth for the price that I paid for it.

Z said...

2 point trem or 6 point ?

Can i do the raise pitch ?

subversion.sg said...

Good pick, bro!

subversion.sg said...

raising pitch is a matter of the bridge set-up :-)