Monday, December 26, 2011

All guitars played today

I took the opportunity to clean some (moldy) bags & cases today because of the fine weather. I gave them a good wipe-down & left them to dry in the sun; what little sunlight was available today, actually. 

While waiting for them to dry, the instruments were played. First was the Grassroots G-LP-50S; felt like playing a singlecut but not a Gibson so this was the natural pick. The neck profile made this playing experience enjoyable. When I play a Les Paul, it's like OK, I'll play for 15min tops then switch guitars but not with this Grassroots.

Then there was this urge to hear some low & heavy riffing so I moved on to Schecter's Omen 7. The treble strings are dead by now, the guitar needs a re-string. OK, that will happen this weekend.

Finally, before my evening jog, the ESP M-II took over- simply love a single coil  tone which isn't coming from a Strat. This one's in need of a re-string as well. So 2 guitars to attend to this weekend... which would make an awesome New Year weekend engagement. At least to me...

Goodnight. Retiring early after a warm cup of tea & some reading. Bothered by that sinking feeling of having to start work. Wish my office disintegrates by the time I wake up.

No comments: